Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2014

8-18-14

Hello!  I can´t believe it´s been another week!  

Guess what?!  This week I´m reaching my HALF WAY mark!  August 20!  How in the good heavens did that happen?  I don´t know but I can´t believe it.  I only have 9 months left!  That is so crazy!!

Wow, so many things to say!  First off....DEVIN!  Ahhh Dev!  I am so excited for you.  You are about to have one crazy cool adventure in Uruguay :)  And...mom, to answer your question, I´m pretty sure I got my flight plan like 3 days before I left.  I can´t remember exactly though, maybe call them just in case.  That´s funny about the tablet thing too!  They´ve been saying forever now that we are going to get tablets, so maybe we really are about to get them.  If the Church News said it....I guess we´ll see!  That´ll be super exciting and so different!

Well this week was a week of Festivos (or Holidays) basically.  Festivo weeks are hard because no one wants to meet with us or talk!  So, that´s been challenging, but it´s a new week and we´re starting up again.  Ok last week I didn´t have time, but I think I forget to tell you about a huge miracle that happened!  We received a reference from the General Office of the Church that someone in a small pueblo in our area had requested a Book of Mormon.  It said that they lived on a certain street in this place called Villaviciosa.  We knew of a member that lived out there and so Gladis (President Florin´s wife...the branch president) took us out there.  It took about 30 minutes to get there...kinda far.  We get there and Marivi (the member that lives there) had found out that the street name that they gave us was actually the name of this smaller pueblo just outside of Villaviciosa.  So, all we had now was the number of the piso and the number of the floor in the piso.  So, we head over to that pueblo to see if we could find someone who knew the area.  We drove around for a bit....we were in the middle of NO WHERE trying to look for someone to ask where this place was.  We found this bar with a bunch of old Spaniards just sitting outside, drunk as ever.  Marivi is this super tough, brave lady who doesn´t let anything scare her.  She just got out of the car and asked all of these guys if they knew where this piso was.  Then....Gladis´s car just died.  So we were in the middle of no where at this bar with these drunk Spaniards without a car now!  CRAZY!  Anyway....we finally got the car to start about 15 minutes later, and miraculously....with out a street name or anything, one of the drunk Spaniards told us to try this one area where He thought this Brazilian lady might live.  Sure enough, we found it!  MIRACLE!  When we get there, this lady, Andrea, told us that she hadn´t requested anything, so she asked her daughter, Andressa, and she hadn´t requested anything either.  Then she told us that her son was actually on a mission serving in Brazil!  And so she thought that He probably was the one that requested it for her.  And, the moment we got there....it was pretty clear to us that this lady really only spoke Portuguese, so some how, we were able to communicate things with her and she understood!  Anyway....we met with them again this week and sure enough, her son was the one that had requested that.  We both were just in awe, that we actually found them.  Her son had to have had such great faith, to know that even though he didn´t know the street name, that someone would find his mom and sisters to share the Gospel with them.  It was such an amazing thing to have been apart of that miracle.  I can´t explain it, but I know it was a miracle.  And I know that the Lord is blessing that missionary that sent in that request for his family.  The mom Andrea first told us (also) that she had been a member along time ago....but we think that she just thinks she was a member just because she went to church.  It is hard to meet with them often because they live so far and there aren´t many members with cars who have time to take us, so we´ll see.  But, I was grateful to be apart of that little miracle, giving them a Book of Mormon in Portuguese.  Someday they will join the church!

Aubs, good luck with tryouts this week for the Musical!  Suessical sounds like it would be a blast!   I´ll be thinking about you this week :)  I love you!

Also, Devinito!  Holy Moly you are going to be a full time missionary in a week!  I am so so so so SO excited for you.  Enjoy this last week with everybody for me :)  P.S. I´m so jealous that you both got to go to California!!!!!!!!

I know that we have the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth.  I know that Joseph Smith was called to restore it and I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson who guides and directs the Church and speaks for the Lord.  I know that when we keep the Lord´s commandments and are true to our baptismal and temple covenants that we have made with him, that that is the only way to have true happiness in this life and for eternity!  I love you all so much.  I´m so grateful for you in my life.  Thank you for your examples of faith and righteousness and for your desires to do Heavenly Father´s will always.  I love you all so dearly :)

Have a wonderful week and day!
Hermana Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment