Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

6-23-14

Hello!!!!!!!!!
Guess what?!  I got transferred to the North today! YES YES YES!  I´m in Gijón!  It´s literally right by the sea and it is BEAUTIFUL here!  I was just telling Mal all of this, but on the train ride up here I felt like I was in Lord of the Rings Land or something.  There are so many beautiful mountains.  I haven´t been to the beach yet but I´ve seen it from a distance.  I am super excited!
My new companion is Hermana Endicott and I am super excited to be with her!  She is so great!  She was actually in my very first district serving in Alcala when I was in Torrejón.  She´s super cool and plays the piano really well - they let me bring the violin from the mission home up here!  They said that normally they don´t let people take it out of Madrid, so I´m feeling lucky :)  We are going to make some music!
Also....I met grandpa and grandma´s friends, The Hunts!  They aren´t in my area, but they are in Olviedo which is about 20 minutes away.  When we first got here today, we stopped in Olviedo and went out to lunch with them!  They are so great and were super excited to find out that I was your grand daughter.  They say hello and wanted me to say hi from them to Felice and Stan too :)  Hopefully I will get to see them alot!
Wow....leaving Torrejón yesterday was definitely bitter sweet.  I love the people in that ward SOO much!  I can´t believe that I was there for over 6 months!  We never ended up having the baptism for Jose Manuel.  He never responded to us after all that happened, but hopefully the new missionaries coming in can be in contact with him and help him prepare to get baptized still!  We are hopeful.  There was a baptism last night though for Aitana!!!!!!  Her sister, Karen and her parents Jhony and Alba are recent converts who are SOOOOO great!  They are some of the members that I will miss the most!  Hermana Nydegger and I were able to teach her the charlas to prepare her for her baptism!  Since there family is new to the church, Aitana wanted us to teach her the lessons to get her ready!  She is an adorable little girl!  I love this family dearly :)  I have some pics but I haven´t figured out this computer here today....not sure how to get my pics to download...I´ll send em next week!
Anyway....I´ve gotta go!  But that´s the news for today!  Hopefully I´ll have a bit more time next week to write more!  I love you!  I know the Lord is aware of each of us and blesses us with what we need.  I know that this is His work and His Gospel!
Oh and CONGRATS to Cliss and Joel....A BOY!!!!  Haha wow...suprise!!!!  That is so exciting!  And Mom and Aubs......I hope you´re having a blast a girls camp!  Don´t have too much fun without me :)

Make it a great week :)

Hermana Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment