Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

6-16-14

Hello there!

Wow - this week is the LAST week of the transfer already!  I cannot believe it.  I have been in Torrejón for almost  6 months!  I will find out this Saturday about transfers....CRAZY!

This weekend we actually didn´t end up having the baptism for Jose Manuel after all.  We had his interview set up for him and everything and then there was something that happened with our district leader at the train station that caused him to be late (he was coming from Alcala) - his ticket didn´t work and there was some mis commnication with his companions that he was switching with to come to Torrejón.  Anyway....for some reason, Jose was really upset that everything didn´t start on time.  Normally he is very understanding if things like that happen, in the past, sometimes, he´s been late too!  Anyway - he left not very happy at all....kinda dramatic...he had to go home before the Elder came to interview him because his aunt (who he lives with) needed his keys.  So we asked him if we could come and have the interview at his house later when the Elder would come and he just said that he was extremely busy and that he didn´t have any time.  We called him later to apologize to him for what had happened and asked if we could have the interview the next day so that he could still get baptized potentially this weekend.  He hung up on my companion!  We didn´t really know what to do, and didn´t want to make him more angry.  We sent him a text and invited him to come to church still the next day.  And he didn´t respond or come!  This was the first time in 11 weeks that he has NOT come to church.  We haven´t been able to get ahold of him today or yesterday.  We´re hoping that he is alright, but we have no idea.  We will see if he still has the desire to get baptized this weekend.  I know it´s the adversary working hard on him as he´s preparing to be baptized and move forward in this direction.  Anyway...pretty crazy, huh?!  Vamos a ver :)

On another note, HAPPY FATHER´S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  Man Dad!  Breakfast at 4 in the morning?  You´re a lucky man!  I admire you for being such an earlier riser to get to work so early every morning (well, ok I guess it was Sunday...but still, that´s a great quality to have, to get up early every morning).  I wish I could have been there to wake up with the whole crew that early to make you some healthy yummy breakfast :)  I´m glad you got some new shirts and the Spanish Book!  That really is THEEEE best book of verbs!  I am so grateful to have it now too.  Thank you so much!  And I told Mom already, but thank you SOOOO much for the package!  I loved it and I loved all of your letters!  It made me so happy to hear from all of you....and Rudy too!  Thanks for writing me in Spanish Rudy!  I could understand it perfectly and it made me feel so great.  Thank you for sharing your testimony of the Gospel with me!  I am so proud of you Rudy!

And HOLY COW I´m so glad that Eduardo came to church and that he´s taking the lessons with the missionaries!!!!!!!!!  That is SOOOOOOO exciting!  

I know with ALL of my heart that the ONLY way to be truly happy in this life is if we LIVE the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  They are simple and bring true joy and happiness.  I know that this is the Lord´s church, this is His work, I know that I am a missionary on His errand.  I know that the Book of Mormon really is the word of God to guide and direct us in these latter days and that as we read it daily, the Lord blesses us with the revelation and guidance we need.  I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet that the Lord called to restore His Gospel and Church back to the earth and I know that we have a living prophet today, Thomas S. Monson, who directs the church today and speaks for the Lord today.  I know that Christ is the Savior and the Redeemer of the world and that he understands and knows our circumstances in life perfectly.  He wants us to be happy and he wants to bless us, we just need to turn to Him and use His Atonement to bless us and help us.  I know that only through him we can return to live with our loving Heavenly Father.  I am so grateful to be a missionary to share this knowledge that I have.  I know that the Lord is preparing his children to hear and accept the Gospel all over the world.  

I love you all so much and I hope you have the best week ever!  Also....Dev and Aubs and Dad, I wasn´t able to personally write you back today!  So sorry!  I loved hearing from you though and I love you :)  I will try and write next week....transfer day is usually crazy though :)  So hopefully I can write next week!  Love you!!!!!!!!

Hermana Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment