Wow! It´s been a great week and I´m on my 6th week here in Gijón with Hermana Endicott! I cannot believe it! The time here just keeps going by like that. Every week flys by! I am SO grateful for the time I´ve had here with Hermana Endicott, she is an incredible missionary and is SO fun! I hope you got all the pics I just sent!
Today for P-day we went to the coast to relax and enjoy the day. Hermana Endicott´s birthday is tomorrow, so that is what she wanted to do today and it was so nice and beautiful!!
This week I survived one of the craziest comidas EVER! We ate this stuff called Seviche....not sure on the spelling...but basically it´s raw fish drenched in onions and super spicy peppers and cilantro. All four of us missionaries (us and the Elders) were all DYING! It was SOO hot! Our throats were on fire the rest of the day. But, we survived. Definitely the hottest food I´ve ever had in my entire life.
Anyway...this week has been a good week. The other day we were on our way to visit a less active member and this lady, Paula walked up to me while my companion was on the phone. She told me she was from Columbia and that she was baptized about 7 years ago there. She´s lived here for 6 years but has never come to church because she works on Sundays. And she has a daughter, Valentina, who has never been baptized and is interested in the church! We met with them this last week and Paula also has a sister (Diana) who isn´t a member that sat in on the lesson. We have 2 new investigators! Paula and Valentina came to church on Sunday which was wonderful and they loved it! It is just amazing to see how the Lord really does prepare people to come into our path, whether you are a full-time missionary or a member. We ALL have the responsibility to share the Gospel. People NEED the Gospel, it´s not just this nice thing that will bless their life. They need it! I also know that members really are the missionaries. Now as I am here as a missionary....sure, we definitely help the work move forward, but we are only here temporarily. The people investigating the church really need the members! The members are the ones who really strengthen them more than we ever could. My testimony of the importance of member missionary work has been strengthened so much here. Elder Ballard says this all the time, but can you imagine if every member of the church just invited one person to come to church and to come to understand of the strengthening and saving power of the Atonement, to be baptized? We really do have such a great responsibility to share the Gospel. We have received SOO many blessings because of the Gospel and I know that we need to constantly be sharing what we know with others around us our whole life. I know that the Lord is preparing each of us to become truly converted to him, nonmember and member. I love the Gospel with all of my heart and I am so grateful to be here serving on the Lord´s errand.
I hope you guys have the best week ever! Devin....good luck getting everything ready!!!!!!!! I love you all dearly :)
Love, Hermana Carroll
No comments:
Post a Comment