Hello Hello!
Ok, I´m finally writing a big email for everybody! Yay!
Guess what....drum roll.......There are going to be 2 BAPTISMS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!
First, Jhon! Jhon is the brother of a super cute girl in our ward Stefy (she has been a member for about a year). She and her mom, Ivonne live here and have been trying to get Jhon to be able to come from Peru (the paperwork has been crazy for them). He finally came about 3-4 weeks ago to Spain...we´ve been teaching him and he´s getting baptized this weekend! He´s 12 years old, and is super shy, but is such a sweetie! We are excited for him to get baptized and he is so happy and excited too! Here´s a picture of him with us when we taught him the Restoration using the plastic cups that Emily Greco showed me how to make before the mission! He loved it!
Second, Jose Manuel!!!!! We have been meeting with Jose Manuel ever since we got here to Torrejón almost 4 months ago! Uncle Spence....thank you again for all of your insight with how to help him! I know with all of my heart that the Spirit has truly been the true teacher with Him, just like it is with everyone! It really is just amazing to see the change that has happened with him. I have learned so much. Even though I have felt like I haven´t been able to contribute much with my Spanish during lessons, I know that the Spirit has touched his heart. That is how this change in him has occurred. I honestly have left lessons with him so many times, wondering if I was able to say anything that helped because of my limited Spanish, BUT, this experience has taught me that I can make a difference even if I may not be able to communicate as effectively as I´d like to. Heavenly Father has given us each specific gifts and talents that will truly benefit and help people in ways that we might not ever realize. That´s why we have been given these gifts and talents, to benefit and serve others. Jose has come to Church several times, he came to General Conference, and he has come to lots of the Church Activities with the young single adults. Every time he keeps coming back, because he feels the spirit, he feels something different, that he didn´t have before in his life, and because of that, his heart and mind set have changed - because he has felt the spirit touch his heart and help him understand truth. I know that the Spirit is the true teacher. I can´t speak Spanish, I can barely understand people here! It has been incredible to see how even amidst so many weaknesses that I feel that I have, and even though I don´t feel like I´m able to communicate as effectively as I would like to, the Spirit still works through us as missionaries to help people in ways that we wouldn´t be able to help them by ourselves. It´s just been evidence to me that this really is the Lord´s work, He´s in charge, and we are just instruments in His hands...and he can take us, even in our weaknesses and enable us to help people come to Him.
This last week, I also had the opportunity to go on exchanges (intercambios) with a native, Hermana Cabrera! I LOVED her! And I was so suprised at how much I could actually understand of what she said. She was super helpful and patient and GREAT! She helped me so much with my Spanish and it was SO fun!
I´m so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I´m grateful for the Savior, for his Atoning Sacrifice. He can relate perfectly with us because he has been through everything that we struggle with. We can trust him and know that He has the way prepared for us. If we do our part, and show Him that we are willing to go out of our way to be obedient, and do all that He has asked us to do, I know that He goes out of His way to help and bless us.
I love you! And hope you have a great day and week!
P.S. Mal - I can´t believe you just graduated from BYU!!!!!!!!! WHAT the heck?! I wish I could have been there! And I just got an email from Jared and Tiff....you got to see them! I am SO jealous :) Glad you´re home safe, I love you :)
And give Stephanie Millet a huge congratulations from me on her engagement! I can´t wait to hear more about it all!
Hermana Ashlee Carroll
No comments:
Post a Comment