Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

3-24-14

Hello Everyone!!  

Guess what!!!  We have our FIRST BAPTISM this Saturday!!!  YAY!!!!!  It is for our investigator Marino, from the Dominican Republic.  Oh my goodness I just love him.  He is darling and so sweet and good!  He has been so prepared and we are SO excited for him!  Every time I talk to him in Spanish, he is SO patient with me and I´ve been so grateful for him!  He´s also learning English and has been coming to our English classes often, and so he´s always telling me that he´ll help me with my Spanish if I´ll help him with his English.  What a sweet old man!  We had a lesson this last week with him on the word of wisdom.  Our mission president´s wife (Sister Jackson) sat in on our lesson.  She´s adorable!  Mom....she seriously reminds me of you.  She talks like you, she acts like you, she´s basically you.  I love it and it makes me happy every time I see her and talk to her.  Anyway, Marino is adorable.  He´s come to church 5-6 times now and is always actively participating in Sunday School.  He loves the Gospel and it has been a sweet experience to see Him grow in His knowledge of the Gospel.  He was already so great before, but now with the Gospel, he is even happier and I´ve loved seeing this transformation in him!!!

Also...this last weekend, there was a Relief Society Activity for our Stake in Azucaeca (where Loli lives).  We had invited our new investigator, Estela, to come and so we went to it with her!  Estela is a SWEET heart!  She is from Guatemala and has also been so prepared to hear the Gospel.  Her brother is a member in Guatemala so she had heard of the church before!  The last time we met with her, she said the most heartfelt prayer.  She prayed and told the Lord that she was so grateful for sending her two hermanitas to share the Gospel with her and she told God that she was completely putting her life in His hands.  It sounds to good to be true, but things like this happen ALL the time.  It is such a cool experience to be apart of, to see the change that the Spirit brings to the hearts of these people.  So we got to go to Azucaeca and I got to sit by Loli and her daughter, Laura, at the dinner and we got to visit more.  They brought me and my companion some treats!  I love their family so much!  I hope we get to make it over to their house one more time before we leave the area :)  The Activity was super fun, most of the wards did a fun Spanish Dance to celebrate.  And then all the missionaries got up and danced!  It was so fun!

Thank you for all of the Birthday wishes!!!  I had a great birthday.  We went to Segovia!!!  Not very many people get to say that they celebrated their birthday in Spain, eh?  I have so many pictures, so I´ll try to send some.  They have a big, beautiful cathedral that we got to visit, and then the castle in Segovia was also super cool!  The look out at the top, was beautiful.  We ate Kebabs and went out for icecream...basically, it was a good day.  And on the way home, we stopped to get some water out of this cool fountain thing in the forest...literally...it was a forest, and we had a snow ball fight!  It was super fun!  Also I got Aunt Rashel´s birthday cake!  Haha, thanks Aunt Rashel!!  

It sounds like the New York Student Council trip was WAY fun!  Send me pics!  I´d love to see!  I´m glad you guys got to go together....and I´m SO jealous you got to see Newsies :) 

Ok....I´ve gotta run, but I love you all!  The Church is true!  

Hermana Ashlee Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment