Search This Blog

Saturday, January 25, 2014

1-20-14

¡Hola!
 
Wow!!  It´s week 2...WHAT?!
 
So much happens in just one week!  It´s great!  So some things I´m grateful for.  First, my trainer, Hermana Nydegger.  She is very good at looking for what´s most important, and then doing it.  There are alot of things that you could study during study time, but she has been a great example to me of doing the things that are most important, and she has been helping me prepare well for lessons - I´m grateful for her!  She does the most important things and she is so efficient!  She´s awesome!
 
This week, we got our first investigators!  Delfina, Maria Louesa, and Cecilia/Juanita/Carmen.  Maria L. is African and almost blind, but she came to church with us on Sunday and said she really liked it.  We haven´t been able to teach her yet, but we´re hoping we can this week.  Delfina was my first lesson ever!  Wow!  She has been prepared to hear the Gospel!  We came into her house and started talking to her about families, and she started to cry as she told us about her family.  She has been through alot and when she talked about her family, the Spirit touched my heart and helped me see that this women has been being prepared to hear and except the Gospel in her life to help her with all of the things she has faced.  We feel like she has alot of potential and we´re hopeful that she´ll continue to let us teach her.  Cecilia and her daughter Carmen were cool!  We´re not sure if Juanita is Cecilía´s mom or aunt, but they are all from Guinnea...not sure on the spelling...but they also have been being prepared to hear the Gospel, I know it!  We have only had one lesson with them and hope to have more this week.
 
Something I love here is the opportunity to help during church.  They have asked me and my companion to come and help all the primary kids learn new songs during primary.  It is THE BEST!!!!!!!  I don´t really know the songs that well, but it is SO fun!  They are adorable kids!
 
During Sunday School, at Church yesterday, we watched a video clip about a little boy and his dad.  This father and son would go and watch the trains at the train station go in and out, and they would watch all of the different kinds of people that would go in and out of the trains.  There were people with families, people who were young and old, people who were happy and people who were sad, people who were addicted to drugs, just all sorts of people.  One day, they went to the station.  Somehow they got separated for a small period of time, and the little boy noticed that one train was headed down the wrong tracks, going full speed, towards another train.  The little boy jumps on the tracks and tries to push the tracks to fix them before the train comes.  As he´s doing it, he gets stuck.  The Father sees his son, and then realizes that he has time either to go save his son, or to go and switch the tracks from the monitor to save the entire train.  The Father struggles, with all of this love he has for his son, he makes the choice to save all of the people on the train.  He watches the people get off the train.  They have no idea what just happened, and that he saved them and let his son die.  The video clip was made to be symbolic of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the sacrifice that God the Father made, to let his son suffer so that we could return to live in His presence again.  It really got me thinking about how much of a sacrifice and hardship it was for our Heavenly Father to watch his son, Jesus Christ, suffer for ALL of the pains of the world and die for ALL mankind.  And most people in the world don´t even know it.  They don´t even know that the Savior already took on all of their pain and all of their hardship and despair.  They don´t even know that He lives and that His Gospel is restored on the earth.  I know that when we have an experience with the Atonement, we want to share our knowledge of His Atonement with others.  I am grateful for the knowledge and experience that I have had with the Atonement.  I know that Christ´s Atonement makes up ALL the difference.  I am SO grateful to be a messenger of Christ, to share what I know with all who will listen.  I know the Lord wants all of us to be missionaries, to share the message of the restored Gospel with everyone that we can. 
 
I love the Gospel!  I love the Book of Mormon!  I know that it testifies of our Savior and His Atonement!  I know that Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ back to the earth!  I know it with all of my heart and I am so grateful to our loving Heavenly Father for allowing us to have this earthly experience, to learn, to stretch, and to progress. 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week!  I will keep trying to learn Spanish haha!  I love you all!
 
Hermana Ashlee Carroll



           

No comments:

Post a Comment